Sunday, January 3, 2010

The rest of Romans!

It is has been a crazy last couple of months. However not crazy enough to blog, or read my bible; it has been per laziness of why I have not blogged or read Romans. God has kicked me in the but to wake me up.
My pastor had a great message today about several things that keep us from doing what God wants us to do. What stuck out to me is laziness. I don’t feel that I am a really lazy person because I do, do a lot, but when I do I have free time it is not used wisely, or my priorities are not in the right order. So before I began on finishing Romans I just want to say that this year will be different; my life will be different, God is doing a new thing and I will not miss it this year. AMEN

I left of on Romans 3 so lets move to Chapter 4, (FYI I am not a detailed person I usually just write the main point, my goal is to get more detailed when I do these studies)

Chapter 4
We are not saved by the law but by Grace. It is not good works that saves you but your faith in God. You living a righteous life.

Chapter 5
Because of one man we became sinners, but because of one man we became saved! God sent His son so we do not have to live separate form Him. Christ took are place of sin. Thank you Jesus I am Righteous because of you!

Chapter 6
When you are baptized you become a new person. We become dead to sin and alive unto God.

7 For he who has died had been freed from sin.

When we are baptized it is like we go in the water as a sinner and some out clean a new person, We are not under the law, we have grace. Still you need to stay away from sin and live a righteous life.

18And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.


And always remember
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Chapter 7

I am with Paul on this one, I do things I do not what to do, and the I things I want to do I do not do them.
As humans it is hard to do right, our flesh is strong. It is hard to follow a law, to me it’s a mind following thing. We need to follow God with our Spirit. Let the Holy Spirit lead you and be king over your flesh. Then you will do what you want to do which I hope is righteousness!

Chapter 8

One of my favorite chapters.

If you are in the flesh you can not please God.

6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity (hatred, hostile) against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh can not please God.

Once am IN I can not be separated from the love of Jesus! I believe the only thing that can separate me from His love is if I do it myself.

Chapter 9
Not really sure what is exactly happening in this chapter.

I do get though that God is God, He will show mercy on those He shows it on. No matter who they are.


Chapter 10

Everyone needs the love of Jesus! Everyone need the gospel.
17 So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Chapter 11
Again not sure what is going one.

Israel has not completely turned from God. One day they will turn to Him. Pray for Israel.

Chapter 12
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Everyday you need to have your mind set on God. Then you will know, then you will have peace, then you will have joy.

Not only that, you will know the gifts He had given you, so walk in them!

Cling to what is good!

Chapter 13

Be obedient, love one another, Walk as Christ did, Give no room for the flesh. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

Chapter 14

Not everyone will follow exact to what you do. Some have some laws of there own, that are not scripture, but they are not bad, so leave it alone. God still loves them and you. It’s your relationship with God!

12 So then each of us will give account of himself to God.

Chapter 15

Help those in need not to make you look good, but because to make God look good! It is all for His glory!

Chapter 16

Stay away from false people, No worries satan will be crushed soon!!



As I was reading this I kept thinking Be selfless, do as Christ did, Be humble, LIve righteous. Mainly live selfless, live as Christ did!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment