Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 3 Romans 7-9

We missed out on Week 3. Sometimes our schedules just don't jive and that's ok-I've learned to accept it as a consequence of living several time zones away.
Anyways I read Romans 7-9 but I haven't posted up any thoughts yet and here it's about time for me to be posting for week 4. (better late than never)

There were several familiar passages in the reading this week.
Romans ch 8 was especially thought provoking. I was encouraged or rather reminded as I read that as Christians we have life and peace through the Spirit.

5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace

AND we are God's children.

14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.


There is always so much more that can be gleaned. This week it was good for me to be reminded of the simple truths that I am a child of God and nothing can separate me from His great love. I have peace and "life" when I live by the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment