Saturday, October 17, 2009

Week 2 Romans 4-6

This week I was not quite on top of it and I'm reading the day of our study..(head shaking at my procrastination)

Here's my thoughts of what I read:

In Romans chapter 4 Paul writes about Abraham’s life and his faith being "accredited to him as righteousness" all before the law was given and before Abraham was even circumcised. Meaning that justification is and always has been acquired by faith not the law or by works. This applies to us today.

21being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 22This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness." 23The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, 24but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

I love how Chapter 5 begins.

1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.


We have peace with God through our faith and belief in him! Our salvation is a sure thing! We don't have to be bogged down with the guilt of our sin-thanks to grace. We are justified through our faith. Just like Abraham our faith also is accredited to us as righteousness.

Chapter 6- We are not slaves to sin!

But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So those are the points that stuck out to me. I know there is so much more to glean and I look forward to hearing what my sisters have to say. (in just a few short hours)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! So sorry I haven't blogged yet I think I'll put two posts together if that's okay. I've been super busy!

    -Tori

    ReplyDelete